Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flower symbolism

Flowers are very much appreciated and often offered as presents to the ladies. I send lots of flowers, to my beloved Carmen, to Romania. I have often wondered about the meaning of flowers. I just thought of compiling a list with these. I hope you will find it useful.

Alstroemeria- aspring
Anemone- fragile
Azalea- abundance
Begonia- deep thoughts
Camellia- graciousness

Carnation: pink-gratitude
                  red- love
                  white- remembrance
                  yellow- cheerful

Chrysanthemum: yellow- secret admirer
                             white- truth
                             red- sharing


Daisy: innocence
Daffodil: chivalry
Geranium: comfort
Hyacinth: sincerity
Iris: inspiration
Jasmine: Grace, elegance
Calla lily:  regal
Orchid: loving thoughts

Rose: pink- friendship
           red-passionate love
          white- unity
         yellow- zealous

Tulip: pink-caring
           red- passionate love
           white- forgiveness
          
Violet: faithfulness

I hope this little list will help you select the flowers to be sent or offered to your loved ones. I am thinking of sending an all red arrangement of flower to Carmen. The message will be obvious. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Hey,

    very useful info about flowers. Now I know how to charm my lady over there. Thanks!
    An all red arrangement of flowers seems a very good idea. I might send one too!
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Thanks pal! I'm happy you liked it!
    An all red arrangement of flowers is obviously a great choice :)

    ReplyDelete